Join our facebook group, too!
Free Bike Registration Offered by MPD
Register your bicycle with the Minneapolis Police Department!
It’s free, and will help them return your bike if it is lost or stolen.
Every year, thousands of bikes are lost or stolen in Minneapolis. Many of them are recovered. Yet, because of a lack of proper identification, only a small percentage are ever returned to their owners.
The Minneapolis Police Department has created an easy, on-line way to register your bicycle. You will need to include your bike’s serial number, a description of the bike--make and model--and contact information. Use this link to register your bike and in the event it is lost or stolen, and the MPD, other agencies or city departments recover it, we will be able to return it to you quickly.
- Register online any time
- Call 311--be sure to have your bike’s serial number ready
- 311 apps for phones can be downloaded
- It increases the chance of lost or stolen bikes being returned to the rightful owner--recovered bikes can be checked against our registered bikes database
- It’s FREE
- It’s easy—just a few minutes!
- Registration could assist in identifying incapacitated riders without IDs (like kids)